Saturday, October 23, 2010

Introduction

I would like to take a few moments to introduce myself and discuss what I would like to achieve with this blog. I am a neurosurgeon at the Chicago back Institute, affiliated with Swedish covenant Hospital in Chicago Illinois. The formation of the Chicago back Institute was a product of the desire of myself, Dr Daniel Laich and Dr. Fred Geisler to unite to form a destination for the most advanced spinal care available.

I have a keen interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, complex spine surgery as well as brain tumor surgery. Dr. Laich brings advanced skills in minimally invasive spine surgery and performs certain minimally invasive procedures only available in a few locations in the United States. Dr. Geisler brings years of experience in spine surgery, particularly complex spine reconstructions. He also has extensive research experience. I'm honored to partner with such talented neurosurgeons.

Although we perform a vast array of surgical procedures, we all share a conservative approach to the treatment of spinal disorders. We endeavor to alleviate patient symptoms without surgery if at all possible. A large part of this, is patient education. I hope to provide this, in part, through this blog. I hope you enjoy its content and find it informative.